What To Do When Storm Damage Occurs
May 23, 2017
Your home is the most important thing you own, providing you and your family with a safe and comfortable space. When your home is damaged by severe weather, dealing with the aftermath can be a confusing and stressful time. Unfortunately, it is during this time that many homeowners experience high-pressure sales tactics from contractors.
If you’ve recently experienced storm damage, it’s important to protect yourself by taking the time to find a professional contractor you can trust to complete your repairs. With over a decade of experience in storm damage repair, we understand how important it is for homeowners to choose a trustworthy and knowledgeable contractor. To help you make an informed decision, we’ve put together a few tips for homeowners:
● Beware Of “Storm Chasers.” Immediately after a severe weather event, you may notice that suddenly you have contractors knocking on your door. In many cases, these are non-local or less experienced contractors looking for quick work. Homeowners are often confronted with a high-pressure sales pitch and are asked to sign a contract on the spot. As a rule of thumb, never sign a contract with a company until you’ve had time to do some research about them.
● Don’t Rush To Make a Decision. When your roofing, siding, or windows are damaged, you might feel like you need to have repairs made immediately. However, making a quick decision could result in choosing an inexperienced contractor, or improperly opening claims with your insurance company that could impact your policy. While you should have your home inspected as soon as possible, there’s no immediate need to commit to a contract.
● Get An Inspection From A Trusted Professional. Before signing a contract with anyone, you should have a thorough inspection completed by a trusted professional. In some cases, an emergency repair may be needed, but a contractor should never make you feel rushed to make a decision.
● Get Multiple Quotes And Opinions. Getting a quote from a contractor does not mean that you are obligated to hire them to complete your repairs. In fact, we recommend that homeowners get multiple quotes and opinions from experienced contractors so they can make an informed decision.
The Keyprime Difference.
Headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, we are a family-owned business that specializes in storm damage restoration. We understand that recovering from storm damage can be stressful, which is why we are committed to making the restoration process as simple as possible for homeowners. When you trust us with your storm damage repairs, you can expect:
● An Experienced, Local Team. Our roofing, siding, window, and gutter crews are the best in the industry. We are fully insured for added peace of mind, and have proudly served the Twin Cities area since 2007. We are familiar with our local codes, so you can trust that our repairs comply with any applicable local building codes.
● Guidance Through The Claims Process. We will guide you through every step of your insurance claim process, and work to ensure that all of the costs required to repair any storm damaged areas are covered.
● The Opportunity To Upgrade. Our goal is to restore your home back to its original condition and, whenever possible, leave it in even better condition. In many cases, we are able to upgrade the materials used at no additional cost to you. We offer a variety of impact-resistant materials, which are recommended by insurance companies, so you can avoid future storm damage.
● Financing Options. We understand that storm damage, and the cost to repair it, is always unexpected. To help you get the repairs you need, we offer financing to help you pay your deductible. Contact us to learn more about financing.
If you’ve experienced storm damage to your home, it’s important to work with an experienced and reputable contractor. Your storm damage restoration company should use an honest and transparent process, and guide you through the repair and insurance claim process. At Keyprime, we follow a simple but thorough process:
● Step 1: After obtaining multiple quotes and opinions from professional contractors, you choose which contractor you’d like to work with.
● Step 2: A thorough inspection is completed, with both the contractor and your insurance adjuster present. By having both the contractor and adjuster present, we are able to avoid any misunderstanding or miscommunication that can result in delays.
● Step 3: An estimate is put together, and the contractor and insurance adjustor come to an agreement.
● Step 4: We work with you to help you choose materials.
● Step 5: Your repair work is scheduled and completed.
● Step 6: Once your work is completed, we take care of submitting all invoicing to your insurance company and closing any permits with the city.
Storm damage impacts more than just your home; it also impacts your peace of mind. Our goal is to help homeowners restore their homes back to normal.
If you’d like to learn more about our storm restoration services, contact us today.